Subject: [bug#66171] [PATCH] gnu: git: Install shell completions.

From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 17:41:18 +0300

On Mon, Sep 25, 2023 at 08:41:05PM +0200, Liliana Marie Prikler wrote:
> Am Montag, dem 25.09.2023 um 13:51 -0400 schrieb Maxim Cournoyer:
> > Hello,
> > 
> > Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:
> > 
> > > * gnu/packages/version-control.scm (git)[outputs]: Add
> > > “completion”.
> > > [#:phases]: Add ‘install-completion’.
> > > (git-minimal)[#:phases]: Adjust accordingly.
> > 
> > Did something change in git?  I've always had completion in git, so
> > I'm not sure what this extra phase does, or when it's useful?  Does
> > it add *extra* completion or... ?
> Which shell are you using?  If it's zsh, then the completion is baked
> in.  If it's bash, idk, I haven't tried.  I personally use this for the
> included git-prompt, which allows me to have my prompt look like the
> following:
> 
>   \u@\h /path/to/guix [$branch env] ($SHLVL) \$

/gnu/store/p7zln1rzsccq8vgpnrm4ibz5hcgxrqd9-git-2.41.0/etc/bash_completion.d/git
It looks like there is a bash completion from git. I thought maybe it
was from the bash-completions package.

-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   רנשלפ םירפא
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted