Subject: Re: bug#6617: linux kernel C style (fwd)

From: Sean Whitton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 11:30:04 -0700

Hello,

On Thu 09 Sep 2021 at 04:00PM +02, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> Sean Whitton <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> The Linux kernel style is tabs only.  I think that Emacs DTRT if
>> indent-tabs-mode is t.  So, currently I have this fix in my init file:
>>
>>     (c-add-style "linux-tabs" '("linux" (indent-tabs-mode . t)))
>>     (setq c-default-style "linux-tabs")
>
> Right.  Alan, would it make sense to add this style to c-mode?

Were you thinking it would be too much of a compat break to just edit
the linux style to include setting indent-tabs-mode?  I think that would
be a lot more useful.  Anyone who actually wants the Linux kernel's
style would want (what I've called) linux-tabs.

-- 
Sean Whitton