Subject: bug#66169: closed (Re: bug#66169: guix reconfigure error no match for id 4f35ff1275e05be31f5d41464ccf147e9dbfd016)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 14:32:03 +0000

Your bug report

#66169: merge commits may harm your cache maybe?

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
66169: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=66169
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#66169: guix reconfigure error no match for id 4f35ff1275e05be31f5d41464ccf147e9dbfd016
From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
To: Roman Riabenko <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>, Guillaume Le Vaillant <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 16:12:23 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

On Mon, 25 Sep 2023 at 12:25, Simon Tournier <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Well, I guess it is now fixed by
> 94f3831e5bb1e04eeb3a0e7d31a0675208ce6f4c.

Closing.

Let me know if another discrepancy is around.

Cheers,
simon

Subject: guix reconfigure error no match for id 4f35ff1275e05be31f5d41464ccf147e9dbfd016
From: Roman Riabenko <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 22:02:47 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I am trying to upgrade my guix systems. I ran guix pull and now I am
trying to run guix system reconfigure. It failed on two different
machines with the same backtrace. Please see the full backtrace
attached. The error message from it:

ice-9/boot-9.scm:1685:16: In procedure raise-exception:
Git error: object not found - no match for id
(4f35ff1275e05be31f5d41464ccf147e9dbfd016)

$ guix describe
Generation 28	Sep 23 2023 19:30:36	(current)
  guix 4f35ff1
    repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
    branch: master
    commit: 4f35ff1275e05be31f5d41464ccf147e9dbfd016

Considering that I experience it on two guix machines with different
system configurations, I assume that there is some bug somewhere.

Roman