Subject: bug#66169: guix reconfigure error no match for id 4f35ff1275e05be31f5d41464ccf147e9dbfd016

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2023 11:16:57 +0200

Am Sonntag, dem 24.09.2023 um 10:37 +0200 schrieb Liliana Marie
Prikler:
> Am Samstag, dem 23.09.2023 um 22:02 +0300 schrieb Roman Riabenko:
> > ice-9/boot-9.scm:1685:16: In procedure raise-exception:
> > Git error: object not found - no match for id
> > (4f35ff1275e05be31f5d41464ccf147e9dbfd016)
> Experiencing the same for commit
> 35fd25af9bbcce84908101a9f487ba106a8d6df7.

Am Sonntag, dem 24.09.2023 um 08:49 +0000 schrieb Guillaume Le
Vaillant:
> I reconfigured two machines using commit
> 4f35ff1275e05be31f5d41464ccf147e9dbfd016, and it succeeded on both
> machines[.]

I now have a workaround that looks quite odd.  If you 
  $ sudo rm -rf /root/.cache/guix
guix system will rerun the indexing and thus pick up the new commits. 
I will dub this "advanced cache invalidation" since it appears as
though we are looking up commits in the wrong cache.

Cheers