Subject: Re: cperl-mode: fontification after __END__

From: Harald Jörg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2023 18:37:55 +0000

This has now been solved in the master branch by adding a new option
`cperl-fontify-trailer':  If the value is "perl-code" (the default),
then cperl-mode treats it as code.  If the value is "comment", then
cperl-mode treats text after __END__ (and text after __DATA__) as
comment.

Here are some popular modules from CPAN to illustrate the different use
cases for text after __END__.  In my opinion this justifies the
introduction of yet another option:

 - POD documentation after __END__ is seen in Moo (and many others):
   https://metacpan.org/dist/Moo/source/lib/Moo.pm

 - Perl code after __END__ is used in Tk:
   https://metacpan.org/dist/Tk/source/Tk.pm

 - Trailing comments are used in Pod::Simple:
   https://metacpan.org/dist/Pod-Simple/source/lib/Pod/Simple.pm

Therefore, I am closing this bug report.
-- 
Cheers,
haj