Subject: [bug#66156] [PATCH 00/12] Introducing Smart Hurdloading

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2023 23:06:19 +0200

Hello,

I pushed these as b9fae146d6cc4a6968a8eb18beef29aa1414a31e.

I forgot to amend the commit logs as you had suggested; apologies!

I also forgot to submit a news entry with the initial patch set, but
then thought it’d be nice to have, so I pushed the following as
b9fae146d6cc4a6968a8eb18beef29aa1414a31e (with French translation):

   (entry (commit "953c65ffdd43c02c934518fb7a1c68542584b223")
          (title
           (en "Declarative offloading on Guix System and childhurds"))
          (body
           (en "When configuring Guix System, it is now possible to declare
  builds machines to offload to directly from the @code{operating-system}
  declaration by specifying the @code{build-machines} field of
  @code{guix-configuration}.  When you do this, @command{guix system} generates
  a @file{/etc/guix/machines.scm} file by concatenating the @code{(build-machine
  @dots{})} expressions you specified.

  This mechanism is used by @code{hurd-vm-service-type}, also known as
  ``childhurd'', to create virtual machines running the GNU/Hurd operating
  system one can offload to, without additional configuration steps.

  Run @command{info \"(guix) Daemon Offload Setup\"} for more info on
  offloading; run @command{info \"(guix) Virtualization Services\"} for info on
  @code{hurd-vm-service-type}.")))

Thanks,
Ludo’.