Subject: [bug#66156] [PATCH 00/12] Introducing Smart Hurdloading

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 19:35:59 +0200

Hello,

Janneke Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Okay, after overcoming completely unreleated troubles I finally managed
> to reconfigure a laptop to hurd-team to test it.  It works great!

Yay, thanks for testing!

> I found that by default, only root can offload.  Is that intentional,
> how would that work?

It’s is intentional: ‘guix offload’ is only ever invoked by
guix-daemon¹, as root.

¹ Except for ‘guix offload test’, which is meant to be spawned by users,
  as root too.

> I changed permissions on `/etc/guix/offload/ssh/childhurd' like so
>
> $ l /etc/guix/offload/ssh
> total 8
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root   93 Sep 23 14:47 childhurd.pub
> -rw-r----- 1 root wheel 399 Sep 23 14:47 childhurd
>
> to "fix" that. WDYT?

What would be the use case?

> Found another two commit message nitpicks

Noted!

I’d like to see if there are other opinions in particular about
/etc/guix/machines.scm generation, then I guess we can merge?

Thanks,
Ludo’.