Subject: Re: bug#66156: [PATCH 00/12] Introducing Smart Hurdloading

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 17:24:51 +0200

Hello!

Janneke Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Beautiful!  I'm wondering how this works wrt disk size; the default is
> still 'guess?  In my childhurds I have
>
>    (hurd-vm-configuration
>     ..
>     (disk-size (* 16 1024 (expt 2 20))) ;16GiB
>
> which is pretty cheap now that we have qcow2.  I'm not sure how
> expensive it is to set memory-size if you don't use it?

I guess setting ‘disk-size’ should still work (and as you write: with
QCOW2, it doesn’t cost much to ask for extra space, until you actually
use it); nothing has changed here.

> I'm wondering if there is a way to/if we need a way to set the default
> priority of the childhurd.  I'm usually offloading to another machine's
> childhurd and will probably want to prioritize that when I'm at home.

Good question.  Perhaps you could declare that other machine with a
higher ‘speed’ value?

Thanks for your feedback!

Ludo’.