Subject: bug#66153: closed (Re: bug#66153: 30.0.50; treesit: Edge case in indentation with multiple languages)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 23:26:02 +0000

Your bug report

#66153: 30.0.50; treesit: Edge case in indentation with multiple languages

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
66153: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=66153
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#66153: 30.0.50; treesit: Edge case in indentation with multiple languages
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Augustin Chéneau <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Yuan Fu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 16:25:26 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 30.1

Augustin Chéneau (BTuin) <[email-masked]> writes:

> There is an edge case in treesit with multiple languages
> indentation. Here is a simple example:
>
> // language_A
>     {
>        // language_B
>     }
> // language_A
>
>
> Here, brackets are managed by language_A, but everything inside is
> managed by language_B.  Meaning that if the pointer is at the beginning
> of the third line (with the closing bracket), it will use language_B's
> indent rules.  But if the point is located on the bracket, it will use
> language_A's rules.

It seems like this patch was installed on master, but the bug was left
open in the bug tracker.  I'm therefore closing it now.

Please remember to close bug reports when they are fixed.

commit 7447d3df94e49bef8577008d76a6b1f6a4013146
Author: Augustin Chéneau <[email-masked]>
Commit: Yuan Fu <[email-masked]>
Date:   Wed Sep 20 12:23:22 2023 +0200

    Fix tree-sitter indentation conflict with multiple languages

    * lisp/treesit.el (treesit--indent-1): Use bol instead of point.

    Copyright-paperwork-exempt: yes

Subject: 30.0.50; treesit: Edge case in indentation with multiple languages
From: Augustin Chéneau (BTuin) <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 13:27:00 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

There is an edge case in treesit with multiple languages
indentation. Here is a simple example:

// language_A
     {
        // language_B
     }
// language_A

Here, brackets are managed by language_A, but everything inside is
managed by language_B.  Meaning that if the pointer is at the beginning
of the third line (with the closing bracket), it will use language_B's
indent rules.  But if the point is located on the bracket, it will use
language_A's rules.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 3, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
  3.24.38, cairo version 1.17.8) of 2023-09-19 built on inspiron-5567
Repository revision: 991bf3f0f5dff66794785ebfcc867611fe75e0da
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12302001
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
  'configure PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/home/arch-aug/.opam/default/lib/pkgconfig:'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG
SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP
X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   indent-tabs-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(help-mode pp shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media
puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived
epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util text-property-search mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
time-date subr-x cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc
paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode
mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk
x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 41258 25860) (symbols 48 5341 4) (strings 32 13761 2638)
  (string-bytes 1 393134) (vectors 16 10548)
  (vector-slots 8 159589 13619) (floats 8 24 71) (intervals 56 339 40)
  (buffers 992 11))

From a72df328a1195328a364be20612be189eb2dfd59 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: =?UTF-8?q?Augustin=20Ch=C3=A9neau?= <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 12:23:22 +0200
Subject: [PATCH 2/3] Fix tree-sitter indentation conflict with multiple
 languages

---
 lisp/treesit.el | 4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/lisp/treesit.el b/lisp/treesit.el
index f0d6f32b421..0bb3aa6d653 100644
--- a/lisp/treesit.el
+++ b/lisp/treesit.el
@@ -1684,8 +1684,8 @@ treesit--indent-1
                                 bol (car local-parsers)))
                 ((eq 1 (length (treesit-parser-list nil nil t)))
                  (treesit-node-at bol))
-                ((treesit-language-at (point))
-                 (treesit-node-at bol (treesit-language-at (point))))
+                ((treesit-language-at bol)
+                 (treesit-node-at bol (treesit-language-at bol)))
                 (t (treesit-node-at bol))))
          (root (treesit-parser-root-node
                 (treesit-node-parser smallest-node)))
-- 
2.42.0