Subject: bug#66152: 30.0.50; Missing indent rules in c-ts-mode

From: Augustin Chéneau (BTuin) <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2024 11:21:48 +0100

Le 14/01/2024 à 06:33, Stefan Kangas a écrit :
> Yuan Fu <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> I had a look again, the first patch is applied, the second patch is fixed in
>> another report,
> 
> Thanks.
> 
>> the third patch is still in discussion. Augustin said he’ll
>> clean it up and extend it to apply to other modes if it’s desirable. I think
>> it’s good to have, we just need to make sure it doesn’t bring any
>> regression. Also I don’t know how widely used is this kind of comments and how
>> important it is.
> 
> I guess it's for indenting this kind of comment?
> 
>      /*---------.
>      | %param.  |
>      `---------*/
> 
> I have no idea either.  Are there any significant projects that use it?

Yes, it is for indenting these kind of comments.

It depends on your definition of "significant", but GNU Bison sometimes 
uses it (example: 
<https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/bison.git/tree/src/getargs.c#n171>).
However I don't know if it is more widely used, if some convention exist 
or if pretty much everyone has his own style.

It could be more annoying than helpful if it messes with your personal 
style, though.

In any case I won't be able to contribute for a while, as I recently 
moved to a new company. They never did copyright assignment and they are 
quite fussy (understandably) on copyright issues.