Subject: bug#66152: 30.0.50; Missing indent rules in c-ts-mode

From: Augustin Chéneau (BTuin) <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 13:23:56 +0200

There are missing indent rules in c-ts-mode.
Currently there is no rule if an identifier in a declaration is on a new
line. In these two cases, "variable_name" is not indented:

static myttype *
variable_name;

static myttype
variable_name;

The new behavior is the same as c-mode.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 3, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
  3.24.38, cairo version 1.17.8) of 2023-09-19 built on inspiron-5567
Repository revision: 991bf3f0f5dff66794785ebfcc867611fe75e0da
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12302001
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
  'configure PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/home/arch-aug/.opam/default/lib/pkgconfig:'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG
SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP
X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   indent-tabs-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date subr-x
cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk
x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 37844 9140) (symbols 48 5209 0) (strings 32 13243 1761)
  (string-bytes 1 376699) (vectors 16 10300)
  (vector-slots 8 156214 14950) (floats 8 22 23) (intervals 56 220 0)
  (buffers 992 10))

From 2d5248d9612feb6e55bf9e22e5d8bc1b8f565ba8 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: =?UTF-8?q?Augustin=20Ch=C3=A9neau?= <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 12:23:06 +0200
Subject: [PATCH 1/3] Add missing indent rules in c-ts-mode

---
 lisp/progmodes/c-ts-mode.el | 2 ++
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+)

diff --git a/lisp/progmodes/c-ts-mode.el b/lisp/progmodes/c-ts-mode.el
index 70717a90caa..314f37f7ec5 100644
--- a/lisp/progmodes/c-ts-mode.el
+++ b/lisp/progmodes/c-ts-mode.el
@@ -407,6 +407,8 @@ c-ts-mode--indent-styles
            ((parent-is "preproc") c-ts-mode--anchor-prev-sibling 0)
 
            ((parent-is "function_definition") parent-bol 0)
+           ((parent-is "pointer_declarator") parent-bol 0)
+           ((parent-is "declaration") parent-bol 0)
            ((parent-is "conditional_expression") first-sibling 0)
            ((parent-is "assignment_expression") parent-bol c-ts-mode-indent-offset)
            ((parent-is "concatenated_string") first-sibling 0)
-- 
2.42.0