Subject: [bug#66148] [PATCH] doc: Mention it when we were pulled.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2023 02:00:01 +0200

Now that we use the latest release VERSION even for pulled Guixes,
make it abundantly clear that this is a later build.

* guix/self.scm (info-manual): @set the PULLED flag in version.texi.
* doc/guix.texi (Top): Honour it.
---
 doc/guix.texi | 5 +++--
 guix/self.scm | 4 ++++
 2 files changed, 7 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/doc/guix.texi b/doc/guix.texi
index 39088b954b..c959cff1a1 100644
--- a/doc/guix.texi
+++ b/doc/guix.texi
@@ -166,8 +166,9 @@
 @node Top
 @top GNU Guix
 
-This document describes GNU Guix version @value{VERSION}, a functional
-package management tool written for the GNU system.
+This document describes GNU Guix @inlineifset{GUIX-PULLED, from a
+@command{guix pull} after the release of} version @value{VERSION}, a
+functional package management tool written for the GNU system.
 
 @c TRANSLATORS: You can replace the following paragraph with information on
 @c how to join your own translation team and how to report issues with the
diff --git a/guix/self.scm b/guix/self.scm
index 2d11dd47a4..81c5c722e0 100644
--- a/guix/self.scm
+++ b/guix/self.scm
@@ -469,6 +469,10 @@ (define (info-manual source)
                                     v)
                                   "0.0-git")))
                 (format output "\
+@c There's no Texinfo command to test whether @value{UPDATED} ends in 1970 and
+@c tweak the intro to guix.texi accordingly, so we add this Guix-specific flag.
+@set GUIX-PULLED true
+
 @set UPDATED 1 January 1970
 @set UPDATED-MONTH January 1970
 @set EDITION ~a

base-commit: ee7c9d254117fa470686210ad2ef5e7f1ba4fefc
prerequisite-patch-id: 4df99ef206175ed2fc52016929d4b7a3413a36dc
prerequisite-patch-id: 61f4235965cf06a4a9a619afb1606c6b9f9eeaf1
prerequisite-patch-id: 4e22c12f447e759bbd52a486f25e279829c7b88f
prerequisite-patch-id: 7e6e4ab87b52996e9bb6cd8595889f21ba87e9fe
prerequisite-patch-id: 6f86f2a54f77c0e8841b6f22953c2f748e358107
prerequisite-patch-id: 7c88071ffd6af8c9de9a44ef2e745e3b111d28e7
prerequisite-patch-id: dacf336396c4f629906e4689dc2868d437179a37
prerequisite-patch-id: 35641348fcba881313d08cb85da3722ba0891264
prerequisite-patch-id: ea98f949fde81f63a309e36405b87463dc07ac50
prerequisite-patch-id: a299994eb9a52db942a5cc3a038b8bc34529c799
prerequisite-patch-id: 9ffc6d3a9be37af59ec29bfce0543cf8371edacb
prerequisite-patch-id: c489fbc8af7d431f9372d0b8bc9e4c609703680e
prerequisite-patch-id: 471c932817cc1044fd03f56e1a1f84e4ce4029a9
prerequisite-patch-id: 88f3a5981ea62ce654a48c258df09315f24ba73e
prerequisite-patch-id: 62b7b8d8b26d642f524d45e910f7685a57345d76
prerequisite-patch-id: 6ad7cb518d3f48614c97e7ef851289a8f4375306
prerequisite-patch-id: 758284e9a8f0cbc718feace3ba3575478360b88a
prerequisite-patch-id: 3fec7d86bd725207d19e77b38cba7f989af68ea3
prerequisite-patch-id: 3bd20d51aa3a07f86722c5894b85f58b96e1e798
prerequisite-patch-id: 1011132081c09cd02295c999c9af44d1191bc4b2
prerequisite-patch-id: c3b42b9e20d68f2d3522424af509bfa6c8e79ee8
prerequisite-patch-id: 760df26aee26e14249c412f32630ae6e71a3fa3e
prerequisite-patch-id: b89039b55bef0639c3679b1a5ba13b7a5593af5b
prerequisite-patch-id: 24fc8fdb82bb9287ed944673e2f922587bc49503
prerequisite-patch-id: 077e45c8081930192499bfa5c7391d882b1ad401
prerequisite-patch-id: 68aa5fda780581e44d43d179d71b1232e568bcd3
prerequisite-patch-id: f31368d6b77f811e4b1fba489492ac4d6cde0948
prerequisite-patch-id: fc4e5787813af14bc812bc61a18acd684bd319af
prerequisite-patch-id: 08f122a2c9dec498a089d665280f37191f96a1ba
prerequisite-patch-id: 8df25a01fcb36ee0616d12930524131a6cb5af40
prerequisite-patch-id: a603c66d00222e69422a06d56784dc4362cd5fcd
-- 
2.41.0