Subject: bug#66141: 29.1; Window size properties not set immediately for window in new frame

From: Mattias Nyrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 18:16:01 +0200

Starting from emacs -Q, enter the following in *scratch*:

(let ((f (make-frame '((fullscreen . maximized)))))
   (select-frame-set-input-focus f)
   (message "window-body-width=%s" (window-body-width))
   (sleep-for 1)
   (message "window-body-width=%s" (window-body-width)) )

Execute with C-x C-e

Result:
- A new frame is created.
- The message "window-body-width=80" is printed
- The message "window-body-width=190" is printed (exact value depending
on screen size of course)

Expected result:
The first printed message should be the same as the second printed message.

In GNU Emacs 29.1 (build 2, x86_64-w64-mingw32) of 2023-07-31 built on
  AVALON
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.22621
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise (v10.0.2009.22621.2134)

Configured using:
  'configure --with-modules --without-dbus --with-native-compilation=aot
  --without-compress-install --with-tree-sitter CFLAGS=-O2'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XPM ZLIB

(NATIVE_COMP present but libgccjit not available)

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: SVE
   locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   indent-tabs-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils cl-extra shortdoc text-property-search
help-fns radix-tree help-mode time-date subr-x cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table
term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 60177 5492)
  (symbols 48 5492 0)
  (strings 32 17131 1407)
  (string-bytes 1 468887)
  (vectors 16 11742)
  (vector-slots 8 276217 11742)
  (floats 8 81 21)
  (intervals 56 303 0)
  (buffers 984 12))