Subject: [bug#66129] [PATCH v3 03/20] gnu: Add suitesparse-amd.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 08:58:31 +0200

Hi David,

David Elsing <[email-masked]> skribis:

> +(define-public suitesparse-amd
> +  (package
> +    (name "suitesparse-amd")

[...]

> +    (inputs (list suitesparse-config))

One issue that I discovered is that, most of the time, dependencies on
other SuiteSparse packages should be propagated because headers include
one another.

For example, public headers of ‘suitesparse-amd’ include those from
‘suitesparse-config’:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ grep config $(guix build suitesparse-amd)/include/*.h
/gnu/store/kiq1bwzx4dlmmpqv14l9crqrjwigmgns-suitesparse-amd-3.2.0/include/amd.h:#include "SuiteSparse_config.h"
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

We should check and probably change most ‘inputs’ to
‘propagated-inputs’.

Could you take a look?

TIA,
Ludo’.