Subject: Re: bug#66125: 29.1; configure --with-small-ja-dic has no effect

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 12:35:37 +0300

> From: Ulrich Mueller <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 11:15:34 +0200
> 
> >>>>> On Sat, 23 Sep 2023, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> 
> > Please try the patch below.  If it gives good results, I will install
> > it on the emacs-29 branch.
> 
> Hm, this creates an empty leim/small-ja-dic-option file after the first
> round of configure+make:

That's a one-time issue.  I didn't think it was worth extra hassle to
avoid that.  Do you see any problem with that?  (The "if test" part of
the new target's rules could be updated to check that the
small-ja-dic-option file exists, and generate a non-empty file if
not.)

> Also, shouldn't leim/small-ja-dic-option be added to the release
> tarball?

Yes.  I will figure this out when the next release's pretest will be
prepared.

(We also need to add the file to some *clean targets.)