Subject: bug#66117: 30.0.50; `find-buffer-visiting' is slow when opening large number of buffers

From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2024 12:11:23 +0000

Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]> writes:

>> What you say is indeed what I observe, but I do not see how it follows
>> from the quoted manual text. When I read the above part of the manual, I
>> see a warning about using `set'/`setq' inside `let' that binds the same
>> variable.
>
> But it is talking about make-variable-buffer-local, so "the variable" is
> a local variable, IMHO.

Of course. But my question was about what `let' does to the default
value of buffer-local variables. While the manual only explains about
setq/set.

-- 
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,
Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.
Support Org development at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>,
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/yantar92>