Subject: bug#66117: 30.0.50; `find-buffer-visiting' is slow when opening large number of buffers

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 10:30:06 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked],
>   [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 01:11:46 -0500
> 
> > Thanks, but I wonder what, if anything, we should say about this
> > change in NEWS?  Also, do any of the manuals require any changes wrt
> > this?
> 
> AFAIK this is a purely internal change with no visible effect at the
> ELisp level

??? Then what were these about:

  https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=66117#199
  https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=66117#217
  https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=66117#283
  https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=66117#295

It sounds like there will be some effect on some Lisp programs, at
least in some cases, and if so, we should mention those cases, even if
we think they are rare.