Subject: [bug#66099] [PATCH gnome-team v4 1/4] gnu: eudev: Update libudev version to 251.

From: Vivien Kraus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2023 21:33:11 +0200

Hi!

Le lundi 02 octobre 2023 à 19:12 +0200, Liliana Marie Prikler a écrit :
> Am Dienstag, dem 19.09.2023 um 13:23 +0200 schrieb Vivien Kraus:
> > +    (native-search-paths
> > +      (list (search-path-specification
> > +              (variable "UDEV_HWDB_PATH")
> > +              (files '("lib/udev/hwdb.d")))
> Question for understanding this correctly: Is UDEV_HWDB_PATH honoured
> for more than just UDEV_HWDB_BIN below or is this a "first file wins"
> kind of deal?

Every entry in UDEV_HWDB_PATH is search for files named "*.hwdb". All
files from any entry in UDEV_HWDB_PATH is used to generate hwdb.bin,
but if two files have the same name in different directories, then only
the first file is considered. This is just for udevadm hwdb --update.

UDEV_HWDB_BIN is the single location for a hwdb.bin for libudev at run-
time. Since hwdb.bin is a complete index, eudev only loads 1 instance
in memory, so there is no need for it to be a search path. This is a
simple environment variable.

I will update the udev-service-type instead of a profile hook.

Best regards,

Vivien