Subject: Re: [bug#66099] [PATCH gnome-team 0/3] Update upower

From: Vivien Kraus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 00:03:03 +0200

Le jeudi 21 septembre 2023 à 23:05 +0200, Vivien Kraus a écrit :
> Le jeudi 21 septembre 2023 à 19:06 +0200, Liliana Marie Prikler a
> écrit :
> > eudev and libgudev versions LGTM.
> Unfortunately, neither upower 1.90.0 nor 1.90.2 build with updated
> eudev and libgudev.

I think the problem is with hwdb. If I install upower before checking
it, I get:

phase `build' succeeded after 2.5 seconds
starting phase `install'
[0/1] Installing files.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/gnu/store/brxy70m8k3g8pxf5qj312amsnnj9njb8-meson-
1.1.0/lib/python3.10/site-packages/mesonbuild/mesonmain.py", line 194,
in run
    return options.run_func(options)
  File "/gnu/store/brxy70m8k3g8pxf5qj312amsnnj9njb8-meson-
1.1.0/lib/python3.10/site-packages/mesonbuild/minstall.py", line 835,
in run
    installer.do_install(datafilename)
  File "/gnu/store/brxy70m8k3g8pxf5qj312amsnnj9njb8-meson-
1.1.0/lib/python3.10/site-packages/mesonbuild/minstall.py", line 547,
in do_install
    self.install_data(d, dm, destdir, fullprefix)
  File "/gnu/store/brxy70m8k3g8pxf5qj312amsnnj9njb8-meson-
1.1.0/lib/python3.10/site-packages/mesonbuild/minstall.py", line 620,
in install_data
    if self.do_copyfile(fullfilename, outfilename, makedirs=(dm,
outdir)):
  File "/gnu/store/brxy70m8k3g8pxf5qj312amsnnj9njb8-meson-
1.1.0/lib/python3.10/site-packages/mesonbuild/minstall.py", line 422,
in do_copyfile
    self.copy2(from_file, to_file)
  File "/gnu/store/brxy70m8k3g8pxf5qj312amsnnj9njb8-meson-
1.1.0/lib/python3.10/site-packages/mesonbuild/minstall.py", line 322,
in copy2
    shutil.copy2(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/gnu/store/dy3xh053ahkhrp2jamggq8cpsyvp8mg0-python-
3.10.7/lib/python3.10/shutil.py", line 434, in copy2
    copyfile(src, dst, follow_symlinks=follow_symlinks)
  File "/gnu/store/dy3xh053ahkhrp2jamggq8cpsyvp8mg0-python-
3.10.7/lib/python3.10/shutil.py", line 256, in copyfile
    with open(dst, 'wb') as fdst:
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'/gnu/store/grx741bq3w2hq9dp61gbphghffzq5ywp-eudev-
3.2.14.beta/lib/udev/hwdb.d/95-upower-hid.hwdb'

So, presumably, upower tries to install itself into eudev stuff, which
fails. Now, it should install into upower’s prefix, but I’m not sure
how udevadm hwdb --update can be made to find hwdb files both from
eudev and from upower. Maybe we need to introduce a search path, but
I’m not sure udevadm understands any search path.

I asked on #eudev in IRC, let’s see...

Vivien