Subject: [bug#66099] [PATCH gnome-team v9 0/7] Update eudev, upower, udev-service-type, with /lib/udev/hardware

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2023 08:27:27 -0400

Hi Vivien,

Vivien Kraus <[email-masked]> writes:

> Dear guix,
>
> I find it surprising that we should rename /lib/udev/hwdb.d to
> /lib/udev/hardware, but the impact is minimal (udevadm on Guix for the
> udev-service-type relies only on UDEV_HWDB_PATH, which can accept /hardware
> easily), and you insist, so, let’s do that.

I thought I mentioned it earlier (can't find it in my replies now) but
I'd prefer sticking to eudev's naming of choice (hwdb.d); going against
this will necessarily cause some friction and maintenance in the future,
for no gain (also, it may be more readable but unexpected by eudev's
users).  I'd say it's an extraneous change.

Sorry for the back and forth.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim