Subject: bug#66098: Crash in itree.c on macOS with incomplete backtrace

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2023 10:36:53 +0200

>>>>> On Sat, 23 Sep 2023 06:02:05 -0700, Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> said:

    Stefan> Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> writes:
    >>>>>>> On Fri, 22 Sep 2023 03:58:13 -0700, Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> said:
    >> 
    >> >> Iʼd start by adding '-fsanitize=address' to your CFLAGS.
    >> 
    Stefan> I tried that, and the crash disappeared.  Nothing has come up so far,
    Stefan> not even the bug that you found.
    >> 
    >> Paul installed a fix on master.

    Stefan> I've been running the same commit as before, before that fix.  Sorry for
    Stefan> not being more clear.

    Stefan> I was thinking that maybe asan is disabled or something, but I can see
    Stefan> the asan threads in gdb, and I get asan messages when building.  So I'm
    Stefan> not sure how you could find the issue and I don't.

I could find it with clang on macOS (Arm), but not with gcc or clang
on Gnu/Linux (Intel), so maybe asan is just better on Arm :-)

Robert
--