Subject: bug#66098: Crash in itree.c on macOS with incomplete backtrace

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2023 05:25:38 -0700

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Looks like infinite recursion of some sorts?  The function at
> 0x7fb2d9463cb3 calls itself again and again.

Yes, it looks like it.

> Are you saying that the problem doesn't happen without
> native-compilation?

I thought that for a second, but that can't be right since I did see a
crash also without it, in the original bug report:

Configured using:
 'configure --enable-checking=yes,glyphs --enable-check-lisp-object-type
 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3''

Assuming that was the same crash, of course.

I'm still trying various configurations to find out more, but it's slow
going since I can't seem to find a way to reproduce it consistently.
I'm now running this build:

Configured using:
 'configure 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3 -fsanitize=address'
 --with-native-compilation CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/opt/llvm/include
 LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/opt/llvm/lib'

Since I did not see this a few weeks ago, perhaps it's time to bite the
bullet and bisect.