Subject: Re: bug#66093: Eglot over tramp sshfs/sftp

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 11:14:38 +0200

Ko Nishi <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Ko,

> Without really understanding the code, If I copy the list from the ssh
> section of tramp-sh.el:245 and remove ("%c"), it started work after
> manually telling eglot to start clangd manually on propmt.
> Eglot is noticeably faster than using just ssh or sshx on a server
> 80ms ping away.

Remote processes with sshfs are configured to use the direct async
connection by default (see the Tramp manual, section "Improving
performance of asynchronous remote processes"). You can achieve the same
with ssh connections by setting the "direct-async-process" connection
property, like

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
     (add-to-list 'tramp-connection-properties
                  (list (regexp-quote "/ssh:user@host:")
                        "direct-async-process" t))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

> Best,
> Ko

Best regards, Michael.