Subject: [bug#66047] [PATCH 0/2] gnu: Add VMware open-vm-tools.

From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2023 12:05:32 +0100

Hi Guix!

The first buildable version for VMware open-vm-tools guest machine running on
top of VMware host. The functionality is similar to qemu-guest-agent and
helps to interact with a guest vm from the host.

I've built it just on x86_64-linux, support for other architecture and OSes
might need more work. Also as this software intends to be a daemon running on
guest - Guix service needs to be added in the future.

Unfortunately, I've got no VMware instance right now to test it operationally,
please report if the strict testing is required.

Thanks,
Oleg

Sharlatan Hellseher (2):
  gnu: Add VMware open-vm-tools.
  gnu: Sort use-module in (gnu packages virtualization) alphabetically.

 gnu/packages/virtualization.scm | 164 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 1 file changed, 159 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

base-commit: 9b78699744b0c4c8af28820cc4f0d59b9d317ead
-- 
2.41.0