Subject: [bug#66043] [PATCH 2/2] gnu: bcachefs-tools: Restyle format.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2023 23:41:07 +0200

Hi!

Thanks for taking care of the bcachefs-tools package!

> Who else is excited for bcachefs being merged upstream soon? :)

/me raises hand.  Four years of sometimes-painful rebases will not be 
missed.

On 2023-09-17 8:38, Ahmad Draidi via Guix-patches via wrote:
> * gnu/packages/file-systems.scm (bcachefs-tools): Reformat with 'guix 
> style'
> and manually break some long lines.

I don't think ‘guix style’ improved things anywhere, but hunks like

-       (list #:make-flags
-             #~(list (string-append "VERSION=" #$version) ; ‘v…-nogit’ 
otherwise
-                     (string-append "PREFIX=" #$output)
-                     "INITRAMFS_DIR=$(PREFIX)/share/initramfs-tools"
-                     (string-append "CC=" #$(cc-for-target))
-                     (string-append "PKG_CONFIG=" 
#$(pkg-config-for-target))
-                     ;; ‘This will be less of an option in the future, 
as more
-                     ;; code gets rewritten in Rust.’
-                     "NO_RUST=better")
+     (list #:make-flags #~(list (string-append "VERSION="
+                                               #$version) ;‘v…-nogit’ 
otherwise
+                           (string-append "PREFIX="
+                                          #$output)
+                           
"INITRAMFS_DIR=$(PREFIX)/share/initramfs-tools"
+                           (string-append "CC="
+                                          #$(cc-for-target))
+                           (string-append "PKG_CONFIG="
+                                          #$(pkg-config-for-target))
+                           ;; ‘This will be less of an option in the 
future, as more
+                           ;; code gets rewritten in Rust.’
+                           "NO_RUST=better")

are particularly regressive.

This is of course not your fault at all and should be fixed in ‘guix 
style’, but I do intend on reverting this change when I upgrade 
bcachefs-tools to the next git snapshot ;-)

Bcachefs is still improving fast enough that I think it's okay to 
package snapshots, at least until 6.7 lands.  Using outdated tools on a 
newer kernel generally fails outright, and once corrupted my file 
system.

Kind regards,

T G-R

Sent from a Web browser.  Excuse or enjoy my brevity.