Subject: Re: bug#66041: 30.0.50; Should 'flymake-note-echo' inherit from 'compilation-info'?

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 22:40:20 +0100

On Mon, Sep 18, 2023 at 7:49 PM João Távora <[email-masked]> wrote:

> That's possible to implement.
>
> But the single/multiple overlay decision is just an implementation detail
> Currently Flymake uses one "end of line" overlay only, but here the logic
> o control that uniqueness failed, so an extra unintended overlay was
> created, and that created problems with cursor placement.
>
> But your suggestion is noted, though.

Over the last 2 days, I've been working on this bug and pushed your patch.

I also significantly reworked and robustified the end-of-line overlay logic,
fixing the two bugs I had identified.

Then I also implemented your "and N more" suffix suggestion.  Just set
flymake-show-diagnostic-at-end-of-line to 'short'.

I'm closing this bug, but let me know if you are satisfied with the changes
or notice more points of possible improvement.

João