Subject: bug#66040: closed (Re: bug#66040: 30.0.50; The XF86AudioLowerVolume on keyboard cannot be detected correctly)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2023 11:16:02 +0000

Your bug report

#66040: 30.0.50; The XF86AudioLowerVolume on keyboard cannot be detected correctly

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
66040: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=66040
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#66040: 30.0.50; The XF86AudioLowerVolume on keyboard cannot be detected correctly
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: "Wang, Zhenhua (MU-Student)" <[email-masked]>, Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 04:15:15 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 30.1

"Wang, Zhenhua (MU-Student)" <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Thanks.  Wang, Zhenhua, could you please test if it now works for you?
>
> Thanks for the fix, this works well for me now!

Thanks, I'm therefore closing this bug report.

Subject: 30.0.50; The XF86AudioLowerVolume on keyboard cannot be detected correctly
From: "Wang, Zhenhua (MU-Student)" <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2023 23:42:06 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The most recent version of Emacs doesn't recognize the XF86AudioLowerVolume key. I use "C-h k" to check this in "emacs -Q". When I press XF86AudioLowerVolume once, no information is displayed. However, If I press XF86AudioLowerVolume twice, "C-h k" indicates that I pressed "C-g".

I believe that this behavior is introduced in emacs-30, because this key works fine in the released emacs 29.1.

To reproduce, simply press the XF86AudioLowerVolume key  in "emacs -Q".

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.38, cairo version 1.17.8) of 2023-09-16 built on XPS13
Repository revision: 41a45373c1b7f19b06b3666a359331a40e494313
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101008
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-gameuser=:games
 --with-modules --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt --without-gconf
 --with-native-compilation=yes --with-xinput2 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --without-xaw3d --with-sound=no --with-tree-sitter --without-gpm
 --without-compress-install
 '--program-transform-name=s/\([ec]tags\)/\1.emacs/'
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -fexceptions
 -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wformat -Werror=format-security
 -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG
RSVG SECCOMP SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP
X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils compile text-property-search comint
ansi-osc ansi-color ring two-column comp comp-cstr warnings icons rx
cl-seq cl-macs gv cl-extra help-mode bytecomp byte-compile time-date
subr-x cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk
x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 90265 13111) (symbols 48 7881 0) (strings 32 21523 2285)
 (string-bytes 1 673898) (vectors 16 17505)
 (vector-slots 8 350126 11291) (floats 8 44 47) (intervals 56 300 0)
 (buffers 992 13))