Subject: [PATCH gnome-team 0/3] Fix qemu

From: Vivien Kraus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2023 17:19:37 +0200

Dear guix,

Qemu on gnome-team is a mess. Glib uses pcre2, but it lists pcre (not 2) as a
required.private pkg-config input. In turn, qemu uses pcre (not 2), and more
specifically its static output. There is not yet a static output for pcre2, so
it cannot be changed.

That’s why I fixed glib (requires a full recompilation of everything), fixed
pcre2 to add a static output (an even fuller recompilation), to finally fix
qemu.

What do you think?

Best regards,

Vivien

Vivien Kraus (3):
  gnu: glib: fix required.private reference to pcre.
  gnu: pcre2: install static libraries.
  gnu: qemu: Switch to pcre2.

 gnu/packages/glib.scm           |  7 ++++++-
 gnu/packages/pcre.scm           | 16 +++++++++++++---
 gnu/packages/virtualization.scm |  2 +-
 3 files changed, 20 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

base-commit: e9ff5d51e3297089e66c124195e1f1b42dbded65
-- 
2.41.0