Subject: Re: bug#66022: 30.0.50; kmacro overwriting global keybindings

From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2023 20:44:46 +0200

Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]> writes:

> Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Maybe try make bootstrap?
>
> It is already a clean build.

I now did this, before the C-x ( C-g in my recipe:

  (add-function :after (symbol-function 'global-set-key)
                (lambda (&rest args) (debug)))

and get the backtrace

Debugger entered: nil
  (closure (t) (&rest args) (debug))([S-mouse-3] kmacro-end-call-mouse)
  apply((closure (t) (&rest args) (debug)) ([S-mouse-3] kmacro-end-call-mouse))
  global-set-key([S-mouse-3] kmacro-end-call-mouse)
  byte-code("\302\300\10\"\210\11\203\20\0\303\304\11!\305\"\210\302\207" [kmacro-keymap kmacro-call-mouse-event defalias global-set-key vector kmacro-end-call-mouse] 3)
  autoload-do-load((autoload "kmacro" ("loaddefs.elc" . 753171) t nil) kmacro-start-macro)
  command-execute(kmacro-start-macro)