Subject: Re: bug#6602: [PATCH] make dist target for Windows

From: Sean Sieger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 21:33:37 -0400

Christoph <[email-masked]> writes:

    On 7/27/2010 4:25 PM, Sean Sieger wrote:

    > I used to copy makedist to the directory containing my copy of Emacs,
    > now what do I do?

    cd nt

    configure --with-gcc --no-opt --enable-checking
    --cflags -Ic:/xpm/include --distfiles c:/xpm/bin/libXpm.dll
    --without-tiff --without-gif --with out-jpeg --without-png

    mingw32-make dist

    This should create 2 zip files in your nt directory which contain the
    binary distributions (full and bin only).

    > Clearly, --distfiles are only copied at packaging time?
    > ... not at `make install', for instance libXpm.dll (the only file that I
    > should be adding)?

    That's correct. libXpm.dll is the only file you need.

    If you can't get it to work, do this:

    mingw32-make install > build.log 2>&1

    This will create a file build.log in nt with all the output from
    make. Send me the file offlist and I will try to help troubleshoot
    this.

    For what it's worth, I just build and packaged the latest trunk and it
    worked fine.

    Christoph

Thank you.  I've been rushing ...