Subject: bug#6602: [PATCH] make dist target for Windows

From: Christoph <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 17:25:15 -0600

On 7/27/2010 4:25 PM, Sean Sieger wrote:

> I used to copy makedist to the directory containing my copy of Emacs,
> now what do I do?

cd nt

configure --with-gcc --no-opt --enable-checking
--cflags -Ic:/xpm/include --distfiles c:/xpm/bin/libXpm.dll
--without-tiff --without-gif --with out-jpeg --without-png

mingw32-make dist

This should create 2 zip files in your nt directory which contain the 
binary distributions (full and bin only).

> Clearly, --distfiles are only copied at packaging time?
> ... not at `make install', for instance libXpm.dll (the only file that I
> should be adding)?

That's correct. libXpm.dll is the only file you need.

If you can't get it to work, do this:

mingw32-make install > build.log 2>&1

This will create a file build.log in nt with all the output from make. 
Send me the file offlist and I will try to help troubleshoot this.

For what it's worth, I just build and packaged the latest trunk and it 
worked fine.

Christoph