Subject: Re: bug#6602: [PATCH] make dist target for Windows

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 01:04:29 +0200

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 00:25, Sean Sieger <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Um, `make dist' in \nt?

Yes.

> Clearly, --distfiles are only copied at packaging time?

Yes, the copy is in the dist target, after install-bin.

> Sorry about this Juanma, I know you wanted some answers, but I can't
> publish this build in good faith.

There's no rush. I can wait a week or three.

> What else??  Um, yeah, I showed you an erroneous `configure' in an
> earlier, replete with typos (from copying let alone copying from history
> while in something other than emacs-24.0.50\nt), I got it in my head
> that I am building binaries and packaging 'em up all from within \nt.
> Not right?

I cannot pase this, sorry.

One question. Why do you pass "--without-tiff --without-gif --with
out-jpeg --without-png" to configure?

We don't distribute binaries for the tiff, gif, jpeg and png
libraries, but that does not mean that you cannot build a binary that
supports them, if the user provides them.

    Juanma