Subject: bug#6602: [PATCH] make dist target for Windows

From: Sean Sieger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 18:25:46 -0400

You have to pass the additional option --distfiles
    C:/FileToIncludeInDistribution/libXpm.dll to configure.bat.

    configure.bat will fail with an error if it can't find the file in the
    specified directory, i.e. if the directory or the file do not exist.

    Then just run `make dist' (or `mingw32-make dist') in the nt/
    directory and the binary distributions will be built, zipped and
    placed in the nt/ directory.

    The only other requirement is 7zip, but the process will fail and tell
    you, if is not installed or not available on the Windows Path.

    The `make dist' target assumes that you have run `make bootstrap' before.

    Let me know if you have any other questions or issues.

Christoph,

I used to copy makedist to the directory containing my copy of Emacs,
now what do I do?

Um, `make dist' in \nt?

Clearly, --distfiles are only copied at packaging time?

... not at `make install', for instance libXpm.dll (the only file that I
should be adding)?

Sorry about this Juanma, I know you wanted some answers, but I can't
publish this build in good faith.

What else??  Um, yeah, I showed you an erroneous `configure' in an
earlier, replete with typos (from copying let alone copying from history
while in something other than emacs-24.0.50\nt), I got it in my head
that I am building binaries and packaging 'em up all from within \nt.
Not right?

Sorry for being dense.