Subject: bug#6602: [PATCH] make dist target for Windows

From: Sean Sieger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 17:08:32 -0400

Christoph <[email-masked]> writes:

    On 7/25/2010 6:30 AM, Sean Sieger wrote:

    > I've had a pretty busy weekend and have only been able to follow this
    > thread in passing.  I'll reread it and find the new instructions.
    > However, is there anything that you want to point out regarding changes
    > that'll affect the current build tomorrow?

    You have to pass the option --distfiles C:/FileToIncludeInDistribution
    to configure.bat. This is mainly for libXpm.dll.

    configure.bat will fail with an error if it can't find any files in
    the specified directory.

    Then just run `make dist' (or `mingw32-make dist') and the binary
    distributions will be built, zipped and placed in the nt/ directory.

    Let me know if you have any other questions.

    Christoph

Thanks for this, Christoph.  Um, followed the above, having removed
libXpm.dll from \bin.

c:\emacs-24.0.50>configure --with-gcc --no-opt --enable-checking
--cflags -Ic:/xpm/include --distfiles c:/xpm/bin/libXpm.dll
--without-tiff --without-gif --with out-jpeg --without-png

libXpm.dll wasn't copied to \bin, was it supposed to?