Subject: Re: bug#6602: [PATCH] make dist target for Windows

From: Christoph <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 08:09:54 -0600

Hi Sean,

On 7/25/2010 6:30 AM, Sean Sieger wrote:

> I've had a pretty busy weekend and have only been able to follow this
> thread in passing.  I'll reread it and find the new instructions.
> However, is there anything that you want to point out regarding changes
> that'll affect the current build tomorrow?

You have to pass the additional option --distfiles 
C:/FileToIncludeInDistribution/libXpm.dll to configure.bat.

configure.bat will fail with an error if it can't find the file in the 
specified directory, i.e. if the directory or the file do not exist.

Then just run `make dist' (or `mingw32-make dist') in the nt/ directory 
and the binary distributions will be built, zipped and placed in the nt/ 
directory.

The only other requirement is 7zip, but the process will fail and tell 
you, if is not installed or not available on the Windows Path.

The `make dist' target assumes that you have run `make bootstrap' before.

Let me know if you have any other questions or issues.

Christoph