Subject: bug#66017: Cannot install Ada mode

From: Left Right <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 22:12:04 +0200

Hello.

I'm trying to install Ada mode in Emacs 29.1 on Manjaro.

This is my experience so far:

❯ cd ~/.emacs.d/elpa/ada-mode-8.0.5
❯ ./build.sh
alr is /usr/local/bin/alr
building ada-mode executables via Alire
error: Crate [emacs_ada_mode~8.0.5] does not exist in the catalog.
./build.sh: line 16: cd: emacs_ada_mode_*: No such file or directory
error: Cannot continue with invalid session:
error:    Could not detect a session folder at current or parent locations

When I try searching for this crate:

❯ alr index --update-all
Already up to date.
❯ alr search emacs
No hits

Also, documentation mentions that Ada mode is supposed to be built-in,
but unless I install this package from ELPA, there's no Ada mode in my
Emacs installation.

I found this page: https://alire.ada.dev/crates/emacs_ada_mode.html
which seems to imply that the crate exists, but I don't understand why
alr isn't finding it. (I'm very new to Ada).

Any help would be very welcome.

Best.

Oleg