Subject: Re: bug#66015: [PATCH] gnu: python-pyxel: Update to 1.4.3-2.be75b72.

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2023 10:46:03 +0200

Hi Liliana,

Oh, cool!  That was fast. :-)  Thank you.

On Fri, 15 Sep 2023 at 21:53, Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> wrote:
> * gnu/packages/game-development.scm (python-pyxel): Update to 1.4.3-2.be75b72.
> [version]: Use git-version even though it is a release.
> [source]<git-reference>: Use commit.
> <snippet>: Adjust accordingly.

I have not tried the patch but LGTM.  If it builds fine for you, feel
free to push… and close. :-)

> Refering to things by commit ought to be fine since we have SWH as an
> additional buffer.

If upstream removes Git commit be75b724cae9e10e56a82a5421f9dd65390f1a06
then it is an interesting use-case for testing Guix robustness when
fallbacking to SWH. :-)

I expect that it just works™ but I am not aware of any real world test
about this very same use-case.  Wait and see.

Cheers,
simon