Subject: [PATCH v2 0/4] gnu: ucsim: Update to 0.8.0; other improvements.

From: Simon South <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 10:55:33 -0400

I'm resubmitting this patch series rebased directly against master in the hope
it will prompt qa.guix.gnu.org to pick it up for building.

Otherwise the series is entirely unchanged.

For convenience, here's the original cover letter:

This patch series updates μCsim, a collection of software simulators for
various microcontroller families, to version 0.8.0.

It also tries to improve the package by

- Modernizing it with the use of gexps.

- Disabling tests.  "make check" runs what is actually a regression-test
  suite[0], which is of little value here as it doesn't stop or return an
  error code when it encounters a problem.  In fact it has been quietly
  failing this entire time due to missing dependencies but because it doesn't
  report any errors, no one noticed.

  This change also eliminates the possibility of a circular dependency between
  μCsim and SDCC, which will become important with a future patch to the sdcc
  package.

- Moving the documentation to a separate "doc" output.

I've tested these changes on AArch64 and x86-64 and everything appears fine.

--
Simon South
[email-masked]

[0] Documented at
    http://mazsola.iit.uni-miskolc.hu/ucsim/testing.html

Simon South (4):
  gnu: ucsim: Use gexps.
  gnu: ucsim: Disable tests.
  gnu: ucsim: Move documentation to "doc" output.
  gnu: ucsim: Update to 0.8.0.

 gnu/packages/embedded.scm | 47 ++++++++++++++++++++++-----------------
 1 file changed, 27 insertions(+), 20 deletions(-)

base-commit: ce0cc6137df81919389f61671096a6ce701c0889
-- 
2.41.0