Subject: [bug#66001] [PATCH 0/4] gnu: ucsim: Update to 0.8.0; other improvements.

From: Simon South <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 10:22:59 -0400

This patch series updates μCsim, a collection of software simulators for
various microcontroller families, to version 0.8.0.

It also tries to improve the package by

- Modernizing it with the use of gexps.

- Disabling tests.  "make check" runs what is actually a regression-test
  suite[0], which is of little value here as it doesn't stop or return an
  error code when it encounters a problem.  In fact it has been quietly
  failing this entire time due to missing dependencies but because it doesn't
  report any errors, no one noticed.

  This change also eliminates the possibility of a circular dependency between
  μCsim and SDCC, which will become important with a future patch to the sdcc
  package.

- Moving the documentation to a separate "doc" output.

I've tested these changes on AArch64 and x86-64 and everything appears fine.

--
Simon South
[email-masked]

[0] Documented at
    http://mazsola.iit.uni-miskolc.hu/ucsim/testing.html

Simon South (4):
  gnu: ucsim: Use gexps.
  gnu: ucsim: Disable tests.
  gnu: ucsim: Move documentation to "doc" output.
  gnu: ucsim: Update to 0.8.0.

 gnu/packages/embedded.scm | 47 ++++++++++++++++++++++-----------------
 1 file changed, 27 insertions(+), 20 deletions(-)

base-commit: b696fb41bc0dfcb7130a5aa6d69aff2ae191c283
prerequisite-patch-id: 556b40aab19d0d1dd3e301115880883c329ee516
-- 
2.41.0