Subject: bug#65995: closed (Re: bug#65995: 29.1; \cC does not match some CJK IDEOGRAPHs)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2023 07:56:01 +0000

Your bug report

#65995: 29.1; \cC does not match some CJK IDEOGRAPHs

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
65995: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=65995
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#65995: 29.1; \cC does not match some CJK IDEOGRAPHs
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2023 10:54:44 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 21:31:29 +0900
> 
> 
> The Unicode ranges U+3400..U+4DBF and U+4E00..U+9FFF are completely
> filled with CJK UNIFIED IDEOGRAPHs, and all characters in them should be
> matched by \cC.
> But characters in ranges U+4DB6..U+4DBF and U+9FD6..U+9FFF are not
> matched by \cC.
> 
> (string-match "\\cC" (apply #'string (number-sequence #x4DB6 #x4DBF)))
> =>nil
> (string-match "\\cC" (apply #'string (number-sequence #x9FD6 #x9FFF)))
> =>nil

Thanks, now fixed on the emacs-29 branch, and closing the bug.

Subject: 29.1; \cC does not match some CJK IDEOGRAPHs
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 21:31:29 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The Unicode ranges U+3400..U+4DBF and U+4E00..U+9FFF are completely
filled with CJK UNIFIED IDEOGRAPHs, and all characters in them should be
matched by \cC.
But characters in ranges U+4DB6..U+4DBF and U+9FD6..U+9FFF are not
matched by \cC.

(string-match "\\cC" (apply #'string (number-sequence #x4DB6 #x4DBF)))
=>nil
(string-match "\\cC" (apply #'string (number-sequence #x9FD6 #x9FFF)))
=>nil

In GNU Emacs 29.1 (build 2, x86_64-w64-mingw32) of 2023-08-02 built on
 AVALON
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19045
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.2009.19045.3448)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-modules --without-dbus --with-native-compilation=aot
 --without-compress-install --with-tree-sitter CFLAGS=-O2'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XPM ZLIB

(NATIVE_COMP present but libgccjit not available)

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: JPN
  locale-coding-system: cp932

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  highlight-changes-visible-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(misearch multi-isearch comp comp-cstr warnings icons rx emoji-labels
emoji multisession sqlite transient format-spec edmacro kmacro cl-extra
gnutls network-stream nsm mailalias smtpmail textsec uni-scripts url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs json map url-vars idna-mapping ucs-normalize
uni-confusable textsec-check cl-print byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
debug backtrace find-func hilit-chg wid-edit thingatpt help-fns
radix-tree help-mode pp shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap
yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache
epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util text-property-search
time-date subr-x mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils term/bobcat japan-util
rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table
term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 282629 44922)
 (symbols 48 11822 4)
 (strings 32 63635 4534)
 (string-bytes 1 1299035)
 (vectors 16 52952)
 (vector-slots 8 1587592 175200)
 (floats 8 69 384)
 (intervals 56 3562 356)
 (buffers 984 17))