Subject: bug#65994: 29.1; emoji-zoom-* functions does not work with list of face symbols

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2023 10:38:56 +0300

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 21:14:08 +0900
> 
> 
> Evaluate the form below and type 'C-x 8 e +', an error occurs:
>   Wrong type argument: plistp, highlight
> 
> (let ((buf (generate-new-buffer "temp")))
>   (switch-to-buffer buf)
>   (insert (propertize "x" 'face '(highlight)))
>   (forward-char -1))

Thanks, should be fixed now on the emacs-29 branch.

Please in the future try to make the bug reports less terse and thus
more helpful by telling which parts of the recipe are crucial for the
issue, and/or what is the deficiency in the code that the recipe
uncovers.  In this case, the crucial part is this:

   (insert (propertize "x" 'face '(highlight)))
                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^
i.e., the fact that the value of 'face' is a list of face symbols,
something that the code was not prepared for.  Stating this explicitly
in the bug report would have saved me some minutes of figuring out
what was going on here and why.  Please don't assume that people who
investigate the bug report are necessarily experts in the relevant
code, let alone wrote that code themselves.  TIA for considering these
aspects in your future bug reports.