Subject: bug#65982: closed (Confirmation)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 22 May 2025 13:13:03 +0000

Your bug report

#65982: Pinebook Pro image broken

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
65982: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=65982
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Confirmation
From: Gabriel Wicki <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 May 2025 15:12:25 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

guix time-machine --commit=d7532d6970840d6ceb8422dc777aaec0d95088e1 -- \
     system image -e '(@ (gnu system images pinebook-pro) \
                      pinebook-pro-barebones-raw-image)' --system=aarch64-linux

successfully builds

/gnu/store/800a76nqdj6m8hk49g6rdc49ys6j9lqg-pinebook-pro-barebones-raw-image

which boots!

Subject: Pinebook Pro image broken
From: Gabriel Wicki <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 21:51:39 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Trying to set up my Pinebook Pro with my favorite distribution i found
out that the usual way (invoking `guix system image
gnu/system/images/pinebook-pro.scm` to build an image which is then dd'd
to a micro SD card) does not yield a working result.

Doing the same with guix time-machine on commit
c9c195936d128465030bc05f8c319367602c93b5 generates a bootable image.

Since building with a current checkout does not yield a bootable image
(the pinebooks gracefully falls back to boot from the eMMC memory with
its pre-installed Manjaro) I guess the bootloader broke.