Subject: bug#65979: incorrect “guix hash” for FastQC

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 17:24:47 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, 1 Oct 2023 at 17:07, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:

> >> My take is that it’s OK to keep ‘vcs-file?’ as is: the best we could do
> >> would be to add complicated heuristics in the hope corner cases like
> >> this one would be better dealt with, but it wouldn’t be bullet-proof
> >> anyway.
> >
> > Well, the question is what other VCS as 'svn-fetch', etc. are doing?
>
> Remove the relevant metadata directory/directories.

What does it mean "relevant"? :-)

Where do I have to look to implement the exact same behaviour of what
do the fetch methods?

> Now, SWH does not use ‘guix hash’ (I suppose) so they’ll have to address
> that on their side (in Python code I guess).

Yes for sure.  It does not change the fact that "guix hash" has a bug.

Cheers,
simon