Subject: bug#65979: incorrect “guix hash” for FastQC

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2023 15:29:53 +0200

Hi!

Simon Tournier <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Let pick the correct one and I get:
>
> $ guix hash -rx $(guix build /gnu/store/8gxx74w8pa0fx74lx1ka654rhyyr51cs-fastqc-0.11.9-checkout.drv)
> 0jyk90kg6s62w3dn6qjx9nrawjs12qx172lii0yxbvsfylhnx479
>
>
> Oh, it is not the expected result!  Instead, I have to omit the option
> ’-x’:
>
> $ guix hash -r $(guix build /gnu/store/8gxx74w8pa0fx74lx1ka654rhyyr51cs-fastqc-0.11.9-checkout.drv)
> 00y9drm0bkpxw8xfl8ysss18jmnhj8blgqgr6fpa58rkpfcbg8qk

This is because:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ find $( guix build /gnu/store/8gxx74w8pa0fx74lx1ka654rhyyr51cs-fastqc-0.11.9-checkout.drv) -name .svn
/gnu/store/5dyvjgylwiixhp8z9a08rnddh53h4cdx-fastqc-0.11.9-checkout/Help/3 Analysis Modules/.svn
/gnu/store/5dyvjgylwiixhp8z9a08rnddh53h4cdx-fastqc-0.11.9-checkout/Help/1 Introduction/.svn
/gnu/store/5dyvjgylwiixhp8z9a08rnddh53h4cdx-fastqc-0.11.9-checkout/Help/2 Basic Operations/.svn
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Not a bug, IMO (‘vcs-file?’ shouldn’t try to be smart in this case.)

Ludo’.