Subject: Re: bug#65973: [PATCH] ; send filename, not full path, on EWW form submit

From: daniel watson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 00:15:45 -0700

On Fri, Sep 15, 2023 at 04:47:08AM -0700, Stefan Kangas wrote:
> Most (or all?) people reviewing patches use Emacs mail readers, so we
> have no trouble reviewing attached files.  Getting it as an attachment
> actually makes things easier for us, as our tools are adapted to that
> workflow.  That's the main reason why we have a preference for that
> format.

that makes sense.  i want to get my email setup like that.

the inline patch was included for easier viewing in the browser and not
as a replacement for the attachment, or endorsing skipping the
attachment.  so i'm glad you clarified

on the last bug report, when i got help from people, i found myself
linking to both the bug report page, and separately to another page
where they could view the code in-browser.  maybe the bug report page
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=65973
could display the attached patch in addition to having a download link.
the source code for this page has not been touched in years though, so
that makes me think it will be difficult to contribute a change.

thanks for the assistance with this and the prior bug!