Subject: Re: bug#6596: 23.2; cl.texi docs loop destructuring for alist

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 12:12:26 -0400

Kevin Ryde wrote:

> Last I understood from the transition discussions was it's about 300Mb
> of download, which is a bit more than I can conveniently bring through a
> straw, and I gather if it's done by bzr itself then the download can't
> be interrupted and resumed later either :-(.

The entire repo is 339MB. I don't think that is massively bigger than
a CVS checkout used to be. The largest single file in there is 190MB,
for some reason. You can fetch the repo by rsync (which can be
interrupted and resumed), as suggested on

http://savannah.gnu.org/bzr/?group=emacs

with somethine like:

rsync -avP [email-masked]:/srv/bzr/emacs ./

That page also says that to convert the result of rsync into what you
would have gotten from bzr, you should use eg

cd trunk && bzr checkout

I know that rsync works, but I never tried the last part.

I hope you can make it work somehow, since committers are in short
supply.

Do try the Bazaar mailing list if you need help or suggestions.