Subject: bug#6592: 24.0.50; Fringe at scroll bar side is wider (sometimes).

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 12:48:35 +0900

>>>>> On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 11:03:08 +0200, Jan Djärv <[email-masked]> said:

>>> Hasn't it been like that since this change?
>> 
>>> 2007-07-27 YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu<[email-masked]>
>> 
>> Exactly.  For more info, see the thread starting from
>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2007-03/msg00295.html
>> 

> There is something off with the calculations for the frame size
> then.  Check attached screen shots.  The right fringe is not
> visible.

The change I made in 2007-07-27 has nothing to do with the calculation
of fringe width, the position of fringes, or frame size calculation.
It just fills the gap between a fringe and a scroll bar with the
fringe background color when appropriate.  The gap is still a part of
scroll bar area painted by the same color with the adjacent fringe
background.  So if something is wrong with frame size calculation,
then that should have happened without my change.

				     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
				[email-masked]