Subject: Re: bug#6592: 24.0.50; Fringe at scroll bar side is wider (sometimes).

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 20:49:31 +0200

On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 13:49:28 +0200 "Jan D." <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Notice that the fringe close to scroll bar is much wider than the other
> fringe (see screenshot).  This appears to depend on the font size, as
> for smaller fonts, the effect is not that noticable.
> For example, with Gtk+ and lucid, monospace-19 shows this rather well,
> but for monospace-20, there is little difference.  But for monospace-20
> the fringes are much smaller than for monospace-20.  Why?

Hasn't it been like that since this change?

2007-07-27  YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu  <[email-masked]>

	* w32term.c (w32_draw_fringe_bitmap): Extend fringe background to
	scroll bar gap.
	(x_scroll_bar_create): Set bar->fringe_extended_p.
	(w32_set_vertical_scroll_bar): Put leftmost/rightmost scroll bars
	on frame edge.  Check fringe background extension.  Don't clear
	extended fringe background area.

	* w32term.h (struct scroll_bar): New member fringe_extended_p.
	(w32_fill_area): Enclose multiple statements with do ... while (0).

	* xterm.c (x_draw_fringe_bitmap) [USE_TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS]:
	Extend fringe background to scroll bar gap.
	(x_scroll_bar_create) [USE_TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS]:
	Set bar->fringe_extended_p.
	(XTset_vertical_scroll_bar) [USE_TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS]:
	Put leftmost/rightmost scroll bars on frame edge.  Check fringe
	background extension.  Don't clear extended fringe background area.

	* xterm.h (struct scroll_bar) [USE_TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS]:
	New member fringe_extended_p.

Steve Berman