Subject: bug#65919: closed (Re: bug#65919: 29.1; build without xinput does not get focused when hovering over window)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 11:12:02 +0000

Your bug report

#65919: 29.1; build without xinput does not get focused when hovering over window

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
65919: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=65919
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#65919: 29.1; build without xinput does not get focused when hovering over window
From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
To: Ivan Popovych <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Bob Rogers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 19:10:49 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Ivan Popovych <[email-masked]> writes:

> Po Lu <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> This should be fixed on the master branch.  There is a minor issue,
>> however: the fix for this bug may negatively affect that of bug#57468.
>>
>> Would either Lars or Robert confirm that the Lucid, Motif and GTK 2.x
>> builds still remain free of that bug?
>>
>> TIA.
>
> Tested it as well, issue is gone, thank you.

Thanks, closing.

Subject: 29.1; build without xinput does not get focused when hovering over window
From: Ivan Popovych <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 12:56:17 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Steps to reproduce:
 Build Emacs 29 with configure flags as below
 $ echo "exec emacs -Q" > ~/.xinitrc
 $ startx
 Cursor is hollow when starting Emacs and hovering over or clicking in window
 Clicking menu bar item fixes the cursor.
 Building with `--without-xinput` fixes the issue.

Originally reported as EXWM bug in
https://github.com/ch11ng/exwm/issues/924 but this can be reproduced
even without EXWM

In GNU Emacs 29.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
version 1.16.0, Xaw3d scroll bars)
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101008
System Description: NixOS 23.11 (Tapir)

Configured using:
 'configure
 --prefix=/nix/store/81g0rphgaisjz1kf6mfdlqv9m69kjfkf-emacs-29.1
 --disable-build-details --with-modules --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 --with-xft --with-cairo --with-native-compilation --with-tree-sitter
 --with-xinput2'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM
LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH: /nix/store/f6rpc2qbrsn02vzyybqrhybl4n3zfdc0-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp:
  value of $EMACSNATIVELOADPATH: /nix/store/f6rpc2qbrsn02vzyybqrhybl4n3zfdc0-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/native-lisp:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/nix/store/f6rpc2qbrsn02vzyybqrhybl4n3zfdc0-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/let-alist-1.0.6/let-alist hides /nix/store/81g0rphgaisjz1kf6mfdlqv9m69kjfkf-emacs-29.1/share/emacs/29.1/lisp/emacs-lisp/let-alist

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
comp comp-cstr warnings icons subr-x rx cl-seq cl-macs gv cl-extra
help-mode bytecomp byte-compile cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv
eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit
xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 78420 8285)
 (symbols 48 7140 0)
 (strings 32 20459 2047)
 (string-bytes 1 634737)
 (vectors 16 16614)
 (vector-slots 8 334479 10269)
 (floats 8 46 40)
 (intervals 56 255 0)
 (buffers 984 11))