Subject: bug#65919: 29.1; build without xinput does not get focused when hovering over window

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 22:06:17 -0700

Po Lu via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text
editors" <[email-masked]> writes:

>> FYI your e1a730017d6 patch introduces the following compiler warning:
>>
>> process.c: In function ‘child_signal_notify’:
>> process.c:7436:54: warning: suggest braces around empty body in an ‘if’ statement [-Wempty-body]
>>  7436 |     /* emacs_perror ("writing to child signal FD") */;
>>       |                                                      ^
>
> Thanks.  Does this silence the warning?

AFAIU, the point here is to fix a warning in

    if (emacs_write (fd, &dummy, 1) != 1)
      /* emacs_perror ("writing to child signal FD") */;

for which the easiest solution should be

    emacs_write (fd, &dummy, 1);

This avoids having to disable -Wempty-body everywhere, which IMO doesn't
seems justified just to silence this one warning.

What am I missing?